Saturday, January 31, 2009

Snow Falling on the Tuilleries

DSCN0913

According to the locals it doesn't snow very often in Paris, even in the middle of winter, so I was lucky to see the Tuilleries Gardens blanketed in white at the beginning of January. 

The novelty of it still didn't make it any warmer, however, and on first sight the white sparkly stuff just made my little australian body want to curl up and hibernate till spring.

Unfortunately, considering all the things I have to do between now and April, that wasn't really possibility, so instead I took my hands out of my pockets (risking them falling off due to the cold!) and snapped this photo.

The Parisian winter uniform is on fully show here - black, black, black. Makes for nice silhouettes though!

Bisous x Alice

1 comment:

  1. I was lucky enough to see this a few years back in the Champs de Mars... it was just like a fairytale, but all the crottes des chiens were like little landmines !!!

    ReplyDelete