Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Words and Pictures - Cold Feet

Via Meet Me at Mikes - "Words and Pictures is a weekly creative challenge, posting words (or pictures!) to suit a weekly theme." This weeks theme is 'Cold Feet' - if you're looking for some inspiration, head over to Mikes and check out the posts on the previous topics! 

Ice at the Louvre

My feet have never been colder than they were this past winter in Paris! Even with two layers of tights and a pair of fluffy woolen socks stuffed inside my boots, every time I stepped out of the house my feet would go numb within seconds of hitting the snow-covered pavements, and it would take hours of sitting infront of the tiny radiator in my flat before the feeling returned to them. Now that spring has sprung and the footpaths are no longer icy accidents waiting to happen, I can waltz outside with nary a sock in sight - but I will never again take my warm feet for granted! 

Alice x 

5 comments:

  1. That sounds unbelievably cold...I am so glad that it is warming here and soon all the flowers and trees will start to bloom. I must say though, if I could have the chance to live in Paris and have my feet freeze everyday, I would jump for the chance. You are so lucky you live there.
    xoxo-meg
    fiddlesticksandfunnygirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brrrrr.. It may be la belle Paris but it looks damn cold. Here's to spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh icy-brr-ness! You totally need some UGG BOOTS in that weather... I can feel the cracking-coldness of your poor toesies from here! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just noticed your following my little blog! Thank you :)
    your an australian in france too ♥
    How long have you been in Paris for?
    Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, that sounds soooo cold. Hooray for spring and skipping barefoot through the park.

    ReplyDelete