Thursday, June 25, 2009

Conflicting emotions


The art of travel, originally uploaded by CromagnondePeyrignac.

Well my suitcase is packed, my apartment is clean and by this time tomorrow I'll be in Barcelona. I'm a little bit sad, actually, but I'm trying not to let it get to me - there are so many adventures ahead! I'm going to miss this little apartment though, with its big windows and proximity to the boulangerie. I can't believe this year has gone by so fast.

There's only one surefire way I know to shake myself out of this melancholy mood - talking about travelling! Lucky I've got lots of adventures ahead of me this month.

Tomorrow I'm headed to Barcelona with a friend for the weekend, where we plan to spend the whole time lying on the beach drinking cocktails and eating paella.

Then next week, I'm off to Greece. I'm planning on doing a bit of tripping around the Cyclades, definitely stopping off in Santorini, plus maybe a few other islands.

I'm going to swing by Athens for a few days (and check out the just-opened archeological museum) before heading back to Paris for one last final fling with the ville lumiere. I won't have my apartment anymore, so I'll be kipping on a friend's couch, and I have a feeling there will be lots of cheese and wine involved.

After my farewell to Paris I'll be jumping on the Eurostar and heading over to jolly England for a week or so to catch up with some friends and rellies. I've already booked tickets to the Globe and a ballet, plus I'm planning on lots of devonshire tea (for lunch) and fish & chips (for tea)!

Finally, 25 days from now, I will be boarding the new Airbus 380, destination: Melbourne. (I'm a bit scared, actually - how can something that big float up in the air?) I'm sad that this year has almost come to an end, but happy to be going home, and excited about the next few weeks.

Stay tuned!

Alice x

No comments:

Post a Comment