Monday, February 2, 2009

I love to go a-wandering


{originally uploaded by girlhula}

I'm constantly planning my next trip, even before the last one has finished. As a result, I've just finished marking all my holidays this year in my calendar and have been sitting here planning where I'm going to try and get to for 2009.

The list so far:

February: Morocco - of course. Only 4 more sleeps!

March: Amsterdam - hopefully for the long weekend.

April: London & Edinburgh - for Easter, this is already booked :)

May: Cinque Terre - flights are booked, and I've been pouring over websites searching for the perfect guesthouse.

June: Switzerland - I'd like to get there before the summer crowds, and it's only a few hours on the train from Paris. I'm also hoping to get a long weekend in Grenoble, I feel like I should see a bit more of France, while I'm here.

July: I've got four whole weeks off in July, and at the moment I'm torn between Greece & Turkey or Portugal & Spain. Anyone have any recommendations?

August: Back to Melbourne - this one is pretty non-negotiable, as I'll have 14 weeks left to finish on my degree (finally).

September & October: Will be pretty quiet I think, except maybe some weekends around Victoria.

November - Up to the Gold Coast to visit friends.

December - I'm thinking New Years in Vietnam or Laos, depending on how cheap jetstar will help me get there :)

Looks pretty good, right? I think it's going to be an amazing year. What are you plans for 2009?


Bisous X Alice

6 comments:

  1. Jealous much?!
    Gosh! Here I am with a week in May and 2 in July, feeling pretty pleased with myself. And dead broke, so looking at Wales, Scotland, and coastal bits of England to keep me occupied. Obviously, I need to find a new job...
    In the meantime, I shall follow your blog and travel vicariously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, it's just because I'm a crazy person and prioritize travel over everything else, including food. Lol. Plus, I figure that while I'm in this hemisphere I'd better take advantage of how cheap inter-european travel is. (I heart easyjet). Although with the pound so low at the moment you've probably got the wrong end of the stick in that respect.
    Happy to help you travel vicariously though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh I can't wait to hear your tales from Morocco...I am dying to go there.

    At this stage my next trip will be to South/Central America. I'm really excited to visit Cuba.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe, Cuba sounds amazing, I would absolutely love to go there. Have you seen Dirty Dancing 2: Havana Nights? (Sounds awful I know, but don't knock it till you've seen it, trust me). Everytime I watch that film it makes me want to jump on a plane to Cuba. One day, one day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog! And totally agree. Ever since taking a big backpacking gap year I have been bitten with wanderlust. I have been checking out your blog and getting inspired for my next trip as well! And to put some travel pics up on my blog.

    Keep up the beautiful blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How is your Cinque Terre research coming along? Heading there in Sep and am also looking for some recos.

    ReplyDelete