Monday, February 2, 2009

New and exciting ways to procrastinate

This came in the mail for me a few days ago, just in time for me to pack it to take to Morocco this weekend! It's a Holga 135BC from lomography, apparently built just like the old Holgas that take 120 film but modified to take regular 35mm (which is much easier to develop - and kinder on the hip pocket). 

Holga 135BC

We had an unusually sunny day in Paris yesterday, so I took it out for a bit of a test drive. It's lots of fun to use and makes a very satisfying 'click' when you press the shutter release. Unfortunately the viewfinder isn't linked to the lens at all, so I know there will be a few all-black photos when I get the photos back, from the shots where I forgot to take the lens cap off! I can't wait to get them developed, though. I'll be sure to share them with you :)

Thanks also to moominstuff for handy hints about aiming and loading the camera. 

Bisous X Alice 

P.S. If you're not familiar with lomography, check out a few of the flickr groups on it here and here. It's amazingly beautiful stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment