Monday, February 2, 2009

A little bit more snowflake sweetness

Snow at Rue de Grenelle

I woke up this morning to this lovely scene - snowflakes falling softly outside my window. I know there's many of you more-northern inhabitants who will laugh at my excitement at this tiny covering of snow, but this is the first time that I've seen any of the white stuff in my courtyard (it's quite sheltered) so it seemed kinda special to me. 

And if you click on the photo to enlarge it, what can you see?
Actual snowflakes! Awe.

Bisous X Alice

P.S. Incidentally, I discovered quite by accident that the way to make snowflakes show up (if you want to take photos while it's snowing) is to turn the flash on. I'm sure it has something to do with light refraction and what not, though since I failed physics I couldn't say for sure!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photograph - love the snowflakes!
    I'm so jealous you are over in Paris - do you read Little Brown Pen's blog? She has recently moved to Paris from the States and posts the most beautiful photographs as well.
    PS. Glad I'm not the only gossip girl addict!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a bit jealous of you at home in the warm, so I guess it's a grass is greener-type situation :)
    I love little brown pen's photos too, her snow photos are so much more professional than mine!
    x

    ReplyDelete