Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A cure for a rainy day

It was back to rain again in Paris today, which I actually didn't mind. For one, I had resolved to get up this morning and go for a run so as not to waste the sunshine, so when my alarm rang at 7:30am and I heard the rain on the roof, I smiled and went back to sleep without feeling the least bit guilty about it. Secondly, the rain and general gloominess gave me an excuse to try out one of my favourite rainy day cures - hot chocolate at the lovely Lilli's Brownies. 

IMG_1843

While visiting an american patisserie in Paris might seem a bit passé (how's that for some unintentional alliteration!), Lilli's has the most amazing hot chocolate, in takeaway cups, for only 2 euros! If you've spent much time in Paris, you'll know that's nothing short of a miracle. On top of that, they also do lovely cakes, muffins and other sorts of general 'anglo' baked goods that are often hard to find in this pastry-obsessed city. Plus its warm, cozy, and has some cute seats in the window where you can watch the parade of trendy young parisians from the nearby universities. 

IMG_1840

I met up with a friend, and we sat in the window with our cups of steaming chocolate and watched the raindrops fall and the world go by. I can think of worse ways to spend a rainy morning. 

Bisous, 
Alice x 

No comments:

Post a Comment