Thursday, March 19, 2009

An Open Letter to Paris

IMG_2000

Dear Paris, 

I'm sorry I've been neglecting you recently. It's just that I've been so excited about reliving my Moroccan adventures that I haven't really had time to post about you as well.  I know that's unfair, especially since you've been pulling out all your stops just to get me to notice you - that's what the past week of perfect spring weather has been about, right? 

I guess you were frustrated on the weekend, when I spent a completely blissful Sunday in Montmartre - sitting in tiny cafés, eating amazing chocolate & almond pastries and generally soaking up the bohemian parisienne atmosphere - and I didn't take a single photo, let alone write about it. That was wrong of me. 

You were probably pretty annoyed on Tuesday, too, when I went to the hairdresser (for the first time ever in Paris!) and got a proper parisienne haircut, and bantered with the coiffeuse - all in french - and it didn't rate a mention either. 

Most of all I can see why you'd be upset that I haven't talked about the amazing change in the weather that's been happening over the past week - that I've been woken every morning by the sunshine, that the cafés have all moved their tables out onto the terraces, that I haven't had to wear my winter coat once. I apologise. You've been beautiful.

I promise I'll do better from now on. Just keep the clouds away, ok? 

Bisous, 
Alice x 

No comments:

Post a Comment