Thursday, March 26, 2009

Gently down the stream

Last weekend (on what turned out to be our last sunny day for awhile) we headed out to the Bois de Vincennes on the outskirts of Paris for a picnic. After cycling all the way around the park (which is apparently 3x larger than Central Park in NYC) to make room for lunch, we lay down on the bank eating strawberries & drinking cheap champagne, and wondering if we could convince any of the little french children playing around us to teach us to speak french. (I struggle so much with the french language, so whenever I hear french kids talking I get crazily jealous: "look! she's using the imperative, and I bet she doesn't even know what the imperative is! why can't I do that?") 

IMG_2045

The sunshine and champagne had obviously gone straight to our heads, because after lunch someone suggested hiring rowboats and rowing around the lake - and we all agreed! 

IMG_2052

I assure you, it's not as easy as it looks! 

Row, row, row your boat
Gently down the stream
Merrily merrily merrily merrily 
Life is but a dream! 

Bisous, 
Alice x 

2 comments:

  1. that sounds so romantic and dreamy, and funny after cheap champagne to jump in a little boat~ i love the images this post put in my head:)
    x ashley

    ReplyDelete