Saturday, March 28, 2009

It hailed today...


{originally uploaded by Julie Smith David}

...and I almost cried. Not so much because of the hail, as because I was hoping that I would wake up to blue skies and sunshine so that I could go and sit in the park and everything would be happy and sunny and bright. But instead I woke up and it was raining, and grey. I moped around the apartment all morning till I finally decided to go out with a friend for hot chocolate, so that the day wasn't totally wasted, and I got food poisoning and barely made it home, I felt so sick! I've spent the rest of the day in bed.

So I'm not in love with Paris today. I've been browsing feverishly on flickr looking at images of Melbourne, which is not making me feel any better. I found this picture - see second building, the furthest away, on the left? That's the Potter café, where I worked right up until I moved to Paris last year. I miss it so - the coffee and the customers and the brunetti's cakes.

I think maybe I'm a bit homesick, too.

Tomorrow is another day,
Alice x

No comments:

Post a Comment