Friday, March 20, 2009

Little lost flower

I was walking around my quartier enjoying the sunshine yesterday when I stumbled across a little garden in a square just off the Boulevard Saint-Germain. The garden had obviously just been replanted (probably for spring - hurrah!) and most of the flowers hadn't begun to bloom, so the one spot of colour caught my eye, and I moved in for a closer look.

Then I did a double take. Isn't that... a bottlebrush? In Paris? I was sure that they were unique to Australia (and wikipedia agrees with me). Intrigued, I walked all the way around the square trying to find some indication as to whether the garden was particularly related to les antipodes in some way, but there were no signs. Whatever the reason, I'm happy to have found this little piece of home tucked away in the heart of Paris - I can't wait until the rest of the plants start to come into bloom!

Bisous,
Alice x

1 comment:

  1. You write really well. I had a ball of time reading all of your posts! :)

    ReplyDelete